Here at Springwood Heath we have a school coucil which:
- Is a positive way of including all the pupils in school decisions e.g. school rules, fundraising.
- Comprises of at least two councillors from each class from Year 2 to Year 6 -
- Meetings take place regularly, usually during Breakfast Club, and are supported with the advice from a member of staff, but managed by the children themselves.
- Minutes of each meeting are shared with the rest of the school at an assembly and during class feedback sessions.
- In the reception area there is a Council Noticeboard displaying the current Councillors Committee, activities and information.
- Suggesstion boxes, found in each classroom and at Reception, provides an opportunity for all pupils to ask for items to be discusssed by the Council.
The School Councillors are also members of Liverpool School Parliament; they visit the Town Hall to attend meetings. Councillors in the past have been invited to London to visit the Houses of Parliament.
School Council 2017 - 2018
Following Elections the following children have been voted as the class councillors
CHAIR - TJ
VICE CHAIR Maisie
Year 5 Dante
Year 4 Rosie
Year 3 James & Olivia